Friday, April 22, 2022

Buy and Sell Used Clothing on Kidizen

I have saved a lot of money on my kids clothes by accepting hand me downs, shopping sales, clearance, and second hand. Definitely let friends and family members, with kids a few years older than your kids, know you are happy to accept any clothes they don't want anymore. I always let my kids veto anything they don't like, except when they were really little and we were really hurting for money. Remember you don't have to buy true pajamas to be comfy while sleeping either. My kids have often slept in hand me down sports, church, and camp shirts from friends and family. They may not have had any attachment to those activities but the t-shirts were great for sleeping, painting, or even eat messy foods in! For pants they can sleep in any leggings or shorts that aren't good enough for regular wear (stained, small holes, or too short).

You can look at thrift stores or yard sales for second hand, but that takes a lot of time to fully clothe four kids. Kids specific second hand stores are much easier even if they are a little more pricey. My favorite place to shop for kids clothes in our old town was Kid to Kid. We were able to bring the few things my kids didn't wear out to sell to help offset part of the clothing budget. The kids were able to walk around and shop with very little limits which was fun for them. It was really helpful to try on all different brands and styles to see what fit them best. And they got to really pick out what fit their tastes better just shopping the clearance racks or just wearing hand me downs.

Since we have moved further in the country, we don't have one near us anymore. My main go to now is Kidizen. I have been on it for the last four years and really enjoy it. I have bought lots of clothes and sold some as well. I have found "like new" items sell the best. But, I have also sold items that showed some wear as long as they were a low enough price and clearly photographed. 

Over the last 5 years we have bought...

"Play condition" shirts & leggings for kids to sleep in
Halloween costumes
Crib Teething Rail
Shoes
Swimsuits
Baby Clothes
Shirts
Shorts
Jeans
Snow hats
Dresses
Purses
Pretty much everything that we need, we could find on Kidizen!

We have had times that a seller stopped using the app and never shipped us our item, but it was always very easy to request a refund from Kidizen. I highly recommend this company!


As a seller, I also have to brag on the company. I have only had an issue once...a customer wanted a refund because the items didn't fit her child. I had not ran the items through the dryer and have pictures of my daughter wearing those items at that age. I even reached out to the person I bought one of those items from to verify that it wasn't too small for their child either. I covered all my bases and then reached out to Kidizen for their advice. They agreed that it is the customer's job to ask for any measurements if they are concerned something might not fit their child. Our job as sellers is just to list something as clearly as we can and list it as the size on the tag unless we have reason to believe it's not that size. Knowing they had my back solidified my confidence in this company. 

If you would like to check it out, you can click my link here or on the side bar to save $5!


(I noticed on a mobile phone, clicking this link just opens the app store. You can either go on a computer to the web version of my blog or you can try clicking the link again after you download the app to use my code. Let me know if that works!)

           

No comments: