Monday, May 9, 2022

Thrift Store Shopping Trip #1


I have gone to thrift stores MANY times over the years but I thought it would be fun to start posting on this blog some of the cool things we find. I hope this will encourage you to go and check out what's out there! Thrift store shopping can keep a lot of things out of the landfill and save you a lot of money! Not to mention it's a lot of fun to just look around at all the different things there.
My husband and I checked out some thrift stores we had never been to in a nearby town on Friday. We will definitely be back!

We started out our trip dropping off a full load of boxes at Goodwill. Then we went in to look around but didn't find anything.

Next we checked out a used book and music store. It was very cool but didn't really have anything we were looking for.

Then we went to a used video game store that had everything from Atari games forward. It also had some random things like movies, Legos, Nerf guns, and Pokemon cards. We got a baseball N64 game for my son and an extra N64 controller so all 4 kids can play Super Smash Bros together. We ended up going back and grabbing a gallon size bag of Lego Friends pieces also. Total for everything was $20! We will definitely go back there with our kids!

Next we headed over to a big thrift store that reminded me of a Goodwill. It had a lot of good stuff though! I found a cute summer shirt and a big tripod. I used to take our family pictures with my digital SLR camera but stopped because my tripod looked like the leaning tower of Pisa and definitely needed to be replaced. The shirt only cost $4 and the tripod was $7. Such a good deal! 




We also got a wireless keyboard for $4 and a big bag of K'nex for $7. My son has been building non stop since we got them!


By the way, the artwork I used to make the image at the beginning of this post is one we just picked up on a junk run in our neighborhood!

           

No comments: