Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another way to keep good things from the trash & help others at the same time!

My cousin is at it again! Same site, new GREAT idea! She is starting a donation center out of her home for needy families. She is encouraging people to send food and gently used clothing her way. Of course the clothing needs to be "gently used" (would you want to buy it?) and the food needs to be non-perishable. To find out more info go to her post.

In case you're wondering why this is on a green blog, let me reiterate why I have this blog. I think people view going green as a huge decision you make one day and never go back. I think going green is a gradual process, not something you achieve or arrive at. I challenge you readers to look at the things you throw away on a daily basis and see if you can come up with another use for them. If you can't come up with a new purpose for it, at the very least see if you can recycle it. If your city doesn't have a very good recycling program, I challenge you to ask them to beef it up so you can better take advantage of it. I'll post another time about our city's recycling programs to show you an example of a healthy recycling program.

So go raid those clossets!! :D

No comments: